Step is dedicated to providing an enjoyable, respectful and safe event experience for everyone, both offline and online. We expect attendees to follow these rules within all event environments.
We expect all attendees to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. We do not tolerate bullying or harassment of event participants in any form, including, but not limited to:
- Making verbal or written comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age and/religion;
- Engaging in deliberate intimidation;
- Stalking or persistent following;
- Inappropriate or unwarranted photography, recordings or screen-captures;
- Creating or sharing harmful, obscene or indecent content;
- Creating or sharing cruel or insensitive content;
- Facilitating sustained disruption of engagements;
- Instigating inappropriate contact or unwelcome attention.
The above-mentioned actions are not permitted in any of our event environments, including talks, workshops, meetings, networking activities, and other online/virtual conversations. All attendees whether regular, startups, partners, speakers, and other participants are all subject to the anti-harassment policy.
If a participant engages in the above-mentioned behaviour, Step and event organisers may take any action they deem appropriate.
If you are experiencing or witnessing anything that violates this policy, or have any other concerns, please contact conference staff immediately via the mentioned support channels.